Here is a meat-filled dish using bell peppers. Soy sauce is added to the meat filling to enhance the flavor.
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Recipe amounts have been modified for easy preparation.
- Slice off the stems and top part of the bell peppers (cut slightly to even out the bottoms if these cannot stand).
- Prepare the meat filling (A). Place the bread crumbs and milk from (A) into a bowl and evenly moisten the bread crumbs. Add in the remaining (A) ingredients and knead together until the mixture becomes sticky.
- Lightly cover the insides of (1) with the flour, evenly distribute and stuff with (2). Evenly distribute and place in order the Gouda cheese and butter on top and then place into an oven-safe dish.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing together (B), pour over (3) then cook in an oven preheated to 220°C (428°F) for about 40 minutes. Every 10 minutes, open the oven door and drizzle each bell pepper with the sauce.
- Remove (4) from the oven, serve onto plates and sprinkle on Italian parsley as desired.