Uses less oil and a perfectly balanced sour and spicy sauce with negi / Japanese long onion!
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Nutritional values do not include cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
- Remove yellow excess fat from the chicken meat and butterfly the thick portion to achieve uniform thickness.
- Mix together (B) in a small dish. Place the chicken meat into a bowl, add and massage in the (A) seasonings until the liquids are well abosorbed. Add in half of (B) and coat entirely.
- Sprinkle in remaining (B), spread out to thoroughly coat the meat.
- With the heat turned off, spread 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil in the bottom of a fry pan and arrange (3) inside. Drizzle remaining oil over the chicken.
- Turn the heat to medium, cook as is for about 6 minutes, then flip over once the oil starts to sizzle. Turn the heat to high, tip the fry pan slightly so the sides of the chicken are also cooked in oil and continue to cook through for about 10 minutes until golden. Once the coating is golden brown, light and crispy, remove and drip off excess oil.
- Mince up the negi and ginger for the negi sauce, slice the green onions into small rounds and place all into a bowl. Add in remaining ingredients, mix all together. Slice (5) into 2 cm (0.8 in.) thick slices, arrange onto plates garnished with the cucumber and cherry tomatoes, then cover with the negi sauce.
Chicken thigh meat - removing excess fat
How to butterfly chicken meat