This light, traditional Japanese meal is ready in 20 minutes.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Wash the taro, place these in a lidded heat-resistant container and microwave for 4 minutes at 500 W. Turn these over and heat for another 1 to 2 minutes, then peel and cut into halve.
- Peel the carrot and cut into 1 cm (0.4 in.) thick rounds. Cut the bamboo shoot into bite-size pieces. Quickly boil both ingredients.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
- De-string the snow peas, then boil in salted water and remove.
- Heat the sesame oil in a fry pan. Cook the chicken (3) skin side down over high heat, and flip over when the skin is golden brown.
- Add (1) and (2) into the fry pan with (5) and saute for approximately 1 minute over high heat.
- Add in the ingredients listed in (A) and the kombu seaweed. While occasionally stirring, cook over high heat until the cooking liquid is almost boiled down.
- Add in the mirin, and coat the ingredients over high heat for approximately another minute. Diagonally cut the snow peas, then add these to the fry pan and remove the pan from the heat.