Pine nuts and ultra-fine julienned Japanese long onion complete the flavor of eggplants.
- Cooking time
- 15 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to cool is not included in the cooking time.
- Hon Mirin contains alcohol.
For individuals unable to consume alcohol, we recommend that you either do not use Hon Mirin or that you boil off the alcohol content prior to use (heated at boiling temperatures for 1 to 1.5 minutes).
- Remove the stems and peel the eggplants. Place into a lidded microwave-safe container and heat in a microwave for 4 to 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut into 6 pieces.
- Remove any roots from sprouts, then quickly boil in water with a little salt.
- Julienne the cucumber, bell pepper and celery.
- Cut the Japanese long onion into 5 cm (2 in.) lengths, place in cold water, drain, then julienne into ultra thin strips.
- Quickly pan fry the pine nuts in oil, being careful not to scorch.
- Mix together (A) to prepare the dressing.
- Arrange the sprouts, peppers and celery on a large plate, then top with the eggplant. Sprinkle on the ultra thin sliced Japanese long onion strands and then the pine nuts. Lastly, pour on the dressing.