The blended flavor of miso and sesame will soon become a family favorite.
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Trim off excess fat from the chicken thigh and chop into bite-size pieces.
- Peel the taro and the carrot and cut these into bite-size pieces also.
- Cut the yam cake into thin rectangular slices and boil. Next, cut a slice into the center of the pieces leaving 1 cm (0.4 in.) on the top and bottom edges. Push the bottom end through the slit and pull out to create a decorative twist-style shape (called Tazuna Konnyaku in Japanese).
- Quickly boil the string beans, cut each into 3-4 pieces.
- Heat up the sesame oil, sauté the chicken. Add in the the carrot, yam cake and taro and sauté further, then add in (A) and bring to a boil.
- When the broth has almost boiled down, add in (B) and (4) and simmer for 5 minutes.
Method for parboiling yam cake