Add doubanjiang for a Chinese-style flavor.
- Cooking time
- 10 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Although the word for "gomoku" in Japanese is translated as five (go) ingredients (moku), in Japanese cuisine, the word "gomoku" basically means a dish that is made with a wide variety of ingredients, which are not necessary limited to or including 5 kinds.
- Slice the tofu in half its thickness and then into 3 mm (1/6 in.) thick pieces.
- Cut the bamboo shoot in half lengthwise and then thinly slice up. Remove the stem from the fresh shiitake mushroom and thinly slice up.
- Heat the chicken stock in a pot, add in (1), (2) and the cooking sake. Once the mixture boils add in the soy sauce and doubanjiang.
- Pour in the beaten egg and turn off the heat. Top with your desired amount of chopped cilantro.
Methods for beating eggs