Add sweet sakura shrimp for extra savoriness.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to cool is not included in the cooking time.
- Wash the potatoes, place into a lidded heat-safe container and microwave (500W) for 4 minutes or until a toothpick can easily pierce the center. Remove, cool, peel, and mash.
- Mix the starch, the chopped up shrimp and milk into the mashed potatoes and form the mixture into oval cakes as seen in the picture.
- Pan fry both sides of the cakes in vegetable oil.
- Once they begin to brown, pour in 1 Tbsp of water and braise for 2 minutes.
- Pour in (A) and continue to braise. Wrap each cake in a small piece of yakinori seaweed as seen in the picture and serve while hot.