Serve with 2 sauce selections of ponzu and sesame sauce.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Shabu-shabu (thinly sliced meat and vegetables swished lightly in hot broth)
- Slice the beef into easy-to-eat pieces.
- Remove the hard bottoms from the shiitake mushrooms and slice the caps decoratively if desired. Chop up the stem of the hakusai and cut the leaves into easy-to-eat pieces. Gather all the chrysanthemum leaves, divide the Japanese long onion in half, then into 5-6 cm (2-2.4 in.) lengths.
- Mix (A) to prepare the sesame sauce.
- Boil some water, and if available add in the kelp (konbu). Lightly boil the meat and boil all other ingredients to each proper softness while eating around the hot pot. Enjoy with sides of ponzu and sesame sauces.