Rolled with yakinori on the inside and vinegared rice on the outside
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Break apart the cooked rice with a rice paddle or a wooden spoon, pour on the well-mixed ingredients from (A) in a circular motion and quickly mix in. Spread out the vinegared rice in a tray and allow to cool quickly.
- Prepare the ingredients. Cut the avocado into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubed log-style wedges, and coat evenly with the lemon juice. Stretch out the curled shrimps with your fingers.
- Beat the egg, add in the salt and mix well. Place the vegetable oil into a fry pan over medium heat, pour in the beaten egg and lightly stir with chopsticks or a fork to prepare a scrambled egg.
- On top of a bamboo mat, place the yakinori seaweed horizontally lengthwise. Pre-dip your hands in vinegared water and spread the vinegared rice over the entire yakinori seaweed sheet, and then sprinkle the white sesame seeds evenly over the rice. Place plastic wrap or wax paper on top so that it covers completely and lightly press down. Next flip the plastic wrap and vinegared rice over. Place these onto the bamboo mat so that the plastic wrap is facing downwards.
- Place the ingredients from (2) and (3) onto the edge of the yakinori seaweed closest in alignment with its width. With the ingredients at the center, begin to roll up and away from you. Lastly, lightly press down on the bamboo mat to perfect the cylindrical shape.
- Lightly wet a knife with vinegared water and then first cut the roll in half horizontally. Next, slice each half of the roll into 4 or 5 rounds, remove the plastic wrap, arrange on a plate, and enjoy with soy sauce.