Add cilantro leaves for authentic flavor.
- Cooking time
- 15 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Time to cool the noodle soup broth is not included in the cooking time.
※Hon Mirin contains alcohol.
For individuals unable to consume alcohol, we recommend that you either do not use Hon Mirin or that you boil off the alcohol content prior to use (heated at boiling temperatures for 1 to 1.5 minutes).
Find more information on mirin at the link below this recipe.
- Quickly bring (A) to a boil. Once cooled, place in a refrigerator to chill.
- Season the chicken meat with (B) and place into a lidded heat-safe container. Cook in a microwave (600 W) for 3 minutes until cooked through, allow to cool then rip apart into large chunks.
- Chop the cilantro into 3 cm (1.2 in.) lengths. Cut the Japanese long onion into half, remove the white core and julienne into ultra-fine strips.
- Boil the somen noodles, rinse under cold water, drain well and serve into dishes. Top with (2) and (3) and pour on (1).
Ultra-fine julienned Japanese long onion