Jambalaya with chicken, bacon, chorizo, rice and Cajun seasonings.
- Cooking time
- 50 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Recipe amounts have been modified for easier preparation.
- Wash the rice and then place in a colander to drain.
- Cut the chicken into 1 cm (0.4 in.) cubes and the bacon into 5 mm (0.2 in.) cubes. Slice the chorizo into 5 mm (0.2 in.) wide rounds.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat, then stir-fry (2). When the chicken browns, add in and stir-fry the onion, celery, carrot and bell pepper. Add in (1) and stir-fry all together. Then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Put (3) in a rice cooker, then add and mix in 250 ml (8.5 fl. oz.) of water and (A). Cook as usual. If you do not have a rice cooker, cook the rice together with (A) as usual in a pot. When the rice has finished cooking, add and mix in the corn.