Crisp chicken flavored by a Japanese-style marinade with oyster sauce for extra umami.
- Cooking time
- 25 minutes +
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Time to marinate the meat is not included in the cooking time.
- Remove excess fat from the chicken meat. Cut the bell pepper in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and slice lengthwise into 2 cm (0.8 in.) width pieces. Roughly chop up the cilantro leaves.
- Mix (A) together in a storage-use plastic bag, and place the chicken meat inside. Remove air, tightly seal off the bag and massage the chicken from the outside. Place the bag, bell pepper and cilantro leaves onto a cooking tray, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in a refrigerator anywhere from 1 hour to an entire day.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a fry pan over medium heat, place the chicken skin-side down in the middle and add in the red bell pepper slices around. Cook over low heat for about 6 minutes, turn the meat over and cook for another 6 minutes or so.
- Use a circular motion to add in any remaining marinade, and cover all ingredients well. Turn the heat to medium and cook for a further 2 minutes while flipping over ocassionally. Cut the chicken into easy-to-eat pieces, serve onto plates and garnish with the bell pepper and cilantro leaves.