A hearty and healthy meal.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Nutritional values do not account for the side of vegetables.
- Place the onion in a lidded microwave-safe container, cover and microwave for 1 minute (500 W).
- Place the ground meat and okara in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and knead together well.
- Once evenly kneaded and sticky, add in (1) and mix well.
- Divide (3) evenly in half. Form each half into 1 cm (1/2 in) thick patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and brown both sides.
- Push the hamburger off to one side of the fry pan and slightly tilt the pan so that the open space in the fry pan is facing downwards. Pour in (A) and bring to a boil. Rest the pan down flat again and cover both sides of the patty evenly with the cooking liquid before serving.
*Even more savory when garnished with sautéed string beans and corn.