Brimming with vegetables and flavor.
- Cooking time
- 15 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- Peel the taro and cut into large bite-size pieces. Peel the daikon radish and cut into quarters. Peel the carrot and cut into half-rounds. Place the vegetables onto a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 5 to 6 minutes at 600 W.
- Shave the burdock root into slivers, then rinse and drain.
- Diagonally cut the long onion, thinly slicing the green portion for garnish. Place into water and then drain.
- Add the sesame oil into a pot, then cook the burdock root (2) over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add (A) and (1) and cook further for 5 minutes. Add the soymilk and white portion of the long onion. When this comes to a boil, dissolve the miso in the pot and season with soy sauce. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the green onions.
Thinly sliced Japanese long onion
Burdock root shavings