First sear ingredients for deeper flavor satisfaction!
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes
- Nutrition facts are for one serving.
- This recipe uses ingredients for raw or semi-cooked consumption.
To avoid food poisoning and to safely enjoy home-cooked meals, we ask you to adhere to the guidelines provided by your local Food Safety Information Center for the procurement, storage, cooking and other preparation methods of food ingredients.
- Cut the tofu into 4 to 5 equal-sized rectangular slices and the negi diagonally into 1 cm (0.4 in.) width pieces.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan, add in and cook the tofu, then add in the meat between each slice to cook. Once the tofu is browned, turn each slice over to cook the other side as well. Add in (A), simmer over medium heat until the cooking liquids are boiled down to half, then add in the negi and simmer until cooked through.
- Serve into bowls and top with a soft-boiled egg.
Dashi (bonito) prepared using a tea bag
Dashi (bonito) prepared using a tea strainer
Eggs - boiling