Crunchy vegetables in a delectable jelly.
- Cooking time
- 20 minutes +
- Nutrition information is for one serving.
- Time to chill and harden the jelly is not included in the cooking time.
- Mix together (A) in a small pot, sprinkle in the gelatin powder, mix well and set aside.
- Peel the rind from the winter melon, remove the white part containing the seeds and cut into 2 cm (0.8 in.) cubes. Roll the okra in a small amount of salt (extra) and then cut into 2 cm (0.8 in.) lengths.
- Add the winter melon from (2) into a pot of boiling water and after 2 minutes add in the kabocha squash. After a further 2~3 minutes add in the okra, bring to a boil once again and then drain in a colander.
- Heat (1) and once boiling add in (3) and simmer for about 5 minutes over low heat. After placing the pot bottom in cold water to cool, chill over ice water to thicken the jelly.
- Transfer (4) into dishes and chill in a refrigerator to harden.
※This recipe also can be chilled and hardened in one large dish and scooped out into individual portions.